One of the most serious risks for homeowners and businesses to concern themselves with is the threat of severe weather. During times of extreme conditions—such as flooding and hurricanes—residents and businesses alike may need to carefully monitor forecasts and install additional physical protection for their home. Still, even proper due diligence may not be able to prevent damages and losses.
That’s where the insurance experts at Penzato Insurance Agency come in. Our agents pride themselves on providing homeowners and businesses in the Hammond area with comprehensive flood and hurricane coverage.
What Is Flood Insurance?
Flood insurance provides aid if your property is damaged by floods. It’s important for homeowners and businesses to realize that standard homeowners’ insurance and commercial property policies usually will not include coverage for floods. These policies generally cover the following losses:
· Building damage—Key aspects of the physical structure of your home or business will be protected, including central air, heating and electrical systems, paneling, and attached bookcases or cabinets.
· Lost contents—If flood water causes damage to your possessions—such as clothing, furniture, electronics and appliances—will be covered.
It’s important to note that flood insurance is generally not applicable to water damage caused by internal issues, including burst pipes or other plumbing issues. However, the agents at Penzato Insurance Agency can help to make sure you are protected from these incidents as well.
What Is Hurricane Insurance?
While flood insurance and hurricane insurance may have some similarities, it’s necessary for policyholders along the Gulf Coast to be aware of the differences. In addition to heavy rain, hurricanes also present other perils, such as:
· Gales—The right hurricane coverage will protect you and your property from the high winds brought by hurricanes.
· Hail—In the event of hail breaking windows or causing other damage to your property, your coverage will provide relief for the damages.
· Sewer issues—The heavy rain brought by hurricanes can wreak havoc on plumbing and sewer systems, but with hurricane insurance, you will be protected.
These insurance policies often utilize separate deductibles, which are only applied to losses and damages directly caused by named storms and hurricanes.
Get the Right Coverage for Your Home
Whether you own a home or operate a business in the Hammond area, flooding and hurricanes are consistent and serious hazards that must be adequately addressed. The ramifications of even a single incident can be devastating.
Contact the experts at Penzato Insurance Agency today to construct a comprehensive insurance package that will protect your property.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.